Sunday, May 24, 2020

Clergy Have More Important Things to Do than Become Pawns in the Culture Wars

Dear Members and Friends of The Clergy Letter Project,
 
I just posted an essay explaining why clergy will listen to the scientists rather than the politicians and not open their houses of worship until it is safe. I tried to explain what religion and faith is about – that it is about far more than coming together in a physical space. And I’ve tried to explain that clergy do not want to become pawns in an unnecessary, dangerous and divisive culture war. You can read the essay here.
 
I concluded the essay by noting that “I’m proud to call many of these religious leaders my friends.” And I mean it!
 
I hope you find the piece valuable and worth sharing.
 
Stay healthy and safe.

Together we are making a difference.
 
                                                                                   Michael
 
Michael Zimmerman
Founder and Executive Director
The Clergy Letter Project
 
The Clergy Letter Project | 5115 Klahanie Dr NWOlympia, WA 98502

No comments:

Post a Comment

Action Alert: Oppose Expanded use of Public Land for Mining Operations (4.30.24)

Act Now The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Office of Public Witness has joined 130 partners in sending a letter to Congress opposing a bill th...