Friday, May 13, 2022

Change.org Petition: She has kidney failure - Let Ye Graduate!

Ye was diagnosed with kidney failure in her last semester of nursing school. Despite numerous hospital stays, she was set to graduate on May 20th. But the weekend before a big exam, she received critical lab results. On test day, she scored a 90%, but needed 94%. Now, her school won’t allow her to sit for her board exam—which means she can’t graduate. Ye started her petition because she’s hoping her school will have compassion for her situation and allow her to graduate.

Let Ye Graduate!

1,306 have signed Yejide Fenuyi’s petition. Let’s get to 1,500!

Sign now with a click

As many of you know I’m in my final semester of nursing my graduation was set for May 20th but due to scoring a 90% probability of passing my NCLEX and not a 94% I was told I could not graduate or sit for my board exam & this would result in failure of the course.

At the start of the session I was diagnosed with kidney failure; this has resulted in numerous hospital stays, procedures, appointments and stress. Often times having 3-4 doctors appointments a week while being a full time nursing student. However I was able to keep up with attendance and course work.

The weekend prior to this examination I received critical lab results requiring a trip to the ED. I was discharged Sunday evening and took my exam the following Monday. These last three months I haven’t been able to dedicate the same level of time and energy to studying but I don’t believeone bad day should be my defining moment considering everything I had going on!

Please sign this petition in order for me to get a reversal of this academic decision. I appreciate all the love & support. 
-Ye

Sign now with a click

Visit petition page

At Change.org, we believe in the voice of everyday people. Is there something that you want to change?

Start a petition today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today in the Mission Yearbook - For the past decade, Presbyterian Hunger Program has partnered with a Gaza organization working on food security

Witness, Share and Evangelize: Today in the Mission Yearbook - For the past decad... : PHP works with Improvement and Development for Commun...